“What will happen if you don’t do what God asks you to do?” The question can also be phrased, “What won’t happen if you don’t do what God asks you to do?” Of course, no human can thwart the will of God. God’ will shall be done, “on earth as it is in heaven.” The change will be in us and the blessings we miss if we don’t do what God asks us to do.
So what is God asking you to do. That is the question we will be facing as a congregation beginning in January as we have a new Visioning effort. Just a reminder of some of what has taken place since our last Visioning effort:
1) Providence Medical Clinic is serving hundreds of people who cannot afford good medical care. In addition, they are being offered the good news of Jesus and the prayer support of our congregation;
2) Recovery at Clay Street is experiencing a re-birth under Jack Carpenter’s capable leadership;
3) Our Tutoring Ministry is helping young children learn math and understand something of the love of Christ each Tuesday;
4) Family Promise continues to offer shelter to temporarily homeless families who receive the grace and love of our Lord;
5) Covenant Counseling Center is offering help to more people than before;
6) Yet another family has received a “hand-up” in a new Habitat for Humanity home in 2017.
7) FBC members have traveled to Panama, Belize, Haiti as well as throughout the United States to share the good news of Jesus.
These are just some of the ways your investment of time, talent and treasure support what is going on here in our fellowship. I could go on (and I will soon!) with the impact you are making when you give a portion of God’s money and time back to Him through our church. We will talk about just that on Sunday as we consider: A Generous Life – Treasure. I hope to see you then!